The Garrett County Humane Society (GCHS) is a nonprofit, volunteer organization whose primary mission is to reduce the number of unwanted animals through promoting spaying and neutering by providing financial assistance to residents. We are the only organization that responds to hundreds of animal neglect calls each year.
- We promote responsible animal care and the importance of having pets spayed/neutered.
- Provide discount vouchers to those who need to have their pet spayed/neutered.
- Provide limited monetary assistance for emergencies.
- Work with the local government to support and improve animal welfare and control.
- Receive and respond to animal neglect reports.
Though we are not an animal shelter, we do provide supportive services to the County Animal Shelter such as:
- Promote animal adoptions by photographing adoptables to feature in The Republican.
- Transport animals from the shelter to an Animal Hospital for emergency treatment then pay the medical bill. Assist the local "rescue" with transporting animals.
We are always looking for volunteers, so please contact us if you would like to help!