WAYS YOU CAN HELP THE GCHS
WHAT WE DO
- Receive and respond to animal neglect reports (300+/yr)
- Promote responsible animal care and the importance of having pets spayed/neutered
- Provide discount vouchers to those who need to have their pet spayed/neutered
- Provide limited monetary assistance for animal medical emergencies
- Work with the local government to support and improve animal welfare and control
- Promote adoptions from the County shelter by photographing Adoptables for the local paper,
our Facebook page, and Petfinder.com
(we do not own or operate the shelter)
- Provide free bedding for outside pets in the winter months
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Since we provide money assistance to pets and petowners, we need to have fundraisers! Staff our table at these festivals:
- DogGone Fundraiser (July), Art & Wine Fest (Sept), Autumn Glory (Oct), and Festival of Trees (Nov)
- Bake dog treats
- Put up event banners and flyers
- Collect donations
- Volunteer at the County Animal Shelter (you must fill out an application and be approved)
WHEN WE MEET
We meet at the McHenry State Police Barracks at 7:00 p.m. once a month. Please contact us for dates for monthly meetings. Interested persons may become either an active or associate member.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE GCHS
- Fill out a membership application.
- Attend 3 meetings.
- At the 3rd meeting, the committee will vote on your membership (annual fee is $15 per person).
- Once an active member, you must attend at least 4 meetings a year which allows you to vote.
- If you want to become an associate member, the fee is the same but (1) you do not have to attend 4 meetings and (2) you are not allowed to vote.
If you can help or for more information, please contact us.